The Plot Jacobs Bay, where stress and tension drains out of your body. The natural feel of stone and wood, this backpackers is under a natural tree canopy blocking the harsh African sun.
How it began self catering accommodation in Jacobsbaai In the year 1996 a good man bought a tree, with 2.4 hectares of land around this tree. He decided to make more trees, and using pieces of this tree he planted a mini forest. Under the canopy of this forest the good man decided to build a place for him to rest his head when visiting the tree, and did not stop building until he had place for 30 of his friends to rest their vary heads as well.
Since the good man and his friends now needed a place to drink and eat, he built a bar, and a kitchen big enough for these friends to make food. 5 huge fire/braai areas followed to provide heat and to cook meat, and then he built the bar bigger as his friends started eating more than drinking.
“Drinking and eating is a lot of fun” thought the good man, “but without a bathroom it would pose a problem.” And he immediately built ablution facilities that could cater for the 30 friends. He then decided to build a place for him and his friends to hang out, when not eating or drinking – and did not stop until he had a 100 square meter, 9 meter fully enclosed lapa.
Since the good man, and some his friends had kids, he built them a play area that made the adults jealous, so the good man built them an splash pool/hot tub, and built the bar area even bigger.
This man and what he has created around this tree would absolutely blow your mind. The motto of “License to be Yourself” sums it up perfectly. August to September is a period when we bear witness to a miracle, a kaleidoscope of colour that paints the landscape like a patchwork blanket. Come and see nature take its course – nuff said.”
Terms and ConditionsUpon booking confirmation a 50% deposit is required, and the balance to be paid in full one week before occupancy.
Where cancellation occurs:
- On arrival or during the stay – the full payment due for the entire booking may be retained.
- 0 – 14 days before arrival, no show – the full deposit paid may be retained.
- 15 – 28 days before arrival – 75% (seventy five percent) of deposit , or 25% (twenty five percent) of full quote value may be retained (whichever is the greater).
- 28 days or more before arrival – 50% (fifty percent) of deposit , or 25% (twenty five percent) of full quote value may be retained (whichever is the greater).
- For all Longstay Bookings, where a cancellation occurs within 24 (twenty four) hours of arrival, you may retain the full amount quoted for the first four weeks, 25% (twenty five percent) of the amount quoted for the following four weeks and the balance of the amount quoted for the remainder of the booking must be refunded.